"Apparently you just run for an extended period of time." - Ron Burgundy

Friday, January 22, 2010

A good day 5...and yesterday, too

Had to go to Laurel, MS for work. Not a bad trip, and the bank down there has this lady who caters lunch, and she has probably fixed a few of the best meals I've ever had. Yesterday we had red beans and rice, gumbo, muffalettas, and... the best bread pudding I've ever had. I felt like I needed to convert to Catholicism and go to confession after eating it. Second best part of the day was getting back around three and not going back into the office. I took off to a wildlife refuge while Jenny tutored a student. The best pic I took, at least I think so, was actually of the little shack they have set up so you can take pictures. There were a bunch of ducks out, and in the summer, I get there will be lots of gators, but here is the shack:


I only got a three mile run in yesterday. It was raining, which was excellent, since I love running in the rain. But then it stopped raining and it was in the high 60s with 95% humidity. Bagged it after 3 as the sweat was coming off me like I was a faucet turned on full blast. Still a good run, even though my plantar fasciitis is starting to act up.

Gonna do some trainer work while watching a Dexter episode followed by a three mile run here in a few minutes. This weekend I hope to get a long outside ride in Saturday morning, bowling and beer Saturday night, then run Sunday morning. Jenny is taking her Praxis Math Exam to get certified to teach. Big day for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment